The Regional meetings are as follows.Southwest Regional Meeting October 26, 2017 6:15 pm – 9:15pm Contact Mona Stanski @ Mona.firstname.lastname@example.org Southeast Regional Meeting October 24, 2017 St. Joseph Mercy Hospital- Ann Arbor (Michigan Heart- Auditorium) 5325 Elliott Dr. Suite 105 Ypsilanti, MI 48197 Contact Amy Preston @ Amypreston@stjoeshealth.org Northern Regional Meeting Oct 24 2017 4-6pm @ BJ’s Restaurant 990 N Center Ave Gaylord, MI Contact Denise Scmidlin @ email@example.com
Save the Date! April 14, 2018 Grand Rapids, Michigan
More details to follow as they become available
Final CMS Decision on Implementation Date for Cardiac Rehabilitation Incentive Payment Model
The start date for the episode payment models has been set. Implementation of all programs will begin January 1, 2018. Performance year one will be from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018 in this 5-year episode model.
Please visit www.aacvpr.org and the AACVPR R2R Initiative for more information!
CMS (The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) has released the final regulation to cover supervised exercise therapy (SET) for beneficiaries with intermittent claudication (IC) for the treatment of symptomatic peripheral artery disease (PAD). The effective date is the publication date of the rule: May 25, 2017.
- Up to 36 sessions over a 12 week period are covered;
- Sessions consisting of 30-60 minutes comprising a therapeutic exercise-training program for PAD in patients with claudication;
- Must be conducted in a hospital outpatient setting or a physician’s office;
- Must be delivered by qualified auxiliary personnel who are trained in exercise therapy for PAD;
- The program is under the direct supervision of a physician, or physician assistant, nurse practitioner, or clinical nurse specialist who must be trained in both basic and advanced life support techniques.
For more information please visit AACVPR website.
Please watch the 13-minute video regarding the R2R Cardiac Rehab Bundles and Incentive Payments
Thank You to all who attended the 28th Annual Conference March 24-25, 2017!