Eligible job postings include positions for exercise specialists and physiologists, nurses, respiratory therapists, registered dietitians, and others involved in the cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation field.
If you wish to submit a job posting, please email Michele Boertman at Michele.Boertman@beaumont.org with a summary of the position.
Please include contact information (phone and email), a brief description of the position. Job postings will be updated on a bi-monthly basis. Job postings will be taken off the website after the 2-month time period has passed if not renewed by the submitter, and please notify us ASAP if the position has been filled.
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Warren Campus)
Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation is hiring a contingent exercise physiologist for vacation/sick day/medical leave fill in assistance. Job Opening ID: 175542. Progressive high volume cardiac rehabilitation program looking for knowledgeable EP with great teamwork and patient communication skills. Growing program looking to expand and enhance patient offerings and continually improve the patient care experience. Hours of operation Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 630 am-430 pm. Position is for fill in for vacation and sick days at this time. No weekends.
To view the position, go to the St. John Providence health system website under careers and search for job ID# 175542.
West Branch Regional Medical Center, West Branch MI 48661
CONTINGENT POSITION: Exercise Physiologist
WAGE RANGE: $16.99 – $22.71
UNION DESIGNATION: Member
8:00 am – 4:30 pm / Varied
- Bachelor’s of Science in Exercise Science preferred. Specialized education or certification in cardiovascular clinical area.
- 24 months recent and relevant experience.
- Current CPR and ACLS certification required.
Regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reaches with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
APPLICANTS WHO NEED ACCOMMODATION FOR AN INTERVIEW SHOULD REQUEST SUCH ACCOMMODATION IN ADVANCE
Qualified candidates interested in this position please apply to the Human Resources department. All others, please submit resume or application.
REGISTERED NURSE (Cardiovascular Medicine Special Programs: CV Clinic- Dominos Farms)
Primary duty to provide complex nursing support to a large outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program. Thorough cardiopulmonary assessments, providing recommended treatment options and expertise for making decisions for urgent/emergency situations.
- Knowledge of appropriate hemodynamic responses of the cardiopulmonary system during exercise interventions and testing.
- Experience with heart failure management.
- Ability to assess medical stability, consistent with existing guidelines, prior to beginning an exercise program in patients post CABG, PCI, Valve Repair, heart failure, MI, heart transplant and stable angina.
- Ability to assess readiness for change and medical stability prior to beginning lifestyle programs targeting the metabolic syndrome.
- Intake Process for Cardiac-rehab, Met-fit, HTN, and Lipids programs
Additionally, provide comprehensive nursing case management in multidisciplinary cardiovascular clinic with emphasis on primary and secondary prevention. Coordinate care and follow-up for patients with complex cardiac disorders. Provide instruction and consultation to members of the health care team. Work with leadership to develop criteria for quality assurance of cardiac program. Excellent clinical assessment skills.
Current license to practice nursing in Michigan is required
Current Advance Cardiac Life Support credential is required
Knowledge of the Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Professional (AACVPR) national guidelines for cardiac rehab
Minimum of two years nursing experience
Recent ambulatory experience within the last three years
Demonstrated clinical expertise in cardiology practice including:
- Diagnostic test interpretation including EKG interpretation of abnormal rhythms
- Cardiac medications
- Emergency management of cardiac patients in an outpatient setting
- Familiar with ACC (American College of Cardiology) guidelines for general cardiology patients
- Lipid and risk factor management and secondary prevention
- Evaluation of lab abnormalities;
- Ability to assess patients mental, physical and psycho-social well-being and develop a plan of care
To apply please go to the following website: