Eligible job postings include positions for exercise specialists and physiologists, nurses, respiratory therapists, registered dietitians, and others involved in the cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation field.
If you wish to submit a job posting, please email Michele Boertman at Michele.Boertman@beaumont.org with a summary of the position.
Please include contact information (phone and email), a brief description of the position. Job postings will be updated on a bi-monthly basis. Job postings will be taken off the website after the 2-month time period has passed if not renewed by the submitter, and please notify us ASAP if the position has been filled.
REGISTERED NURSE (Cardiovascular Medicine Special Programs: CV Clinic- Dominos Farms)
Primary duty to provide complex nursing support to a large outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program. Thorough cardiopulmonary assessments, providing recommended treatment options and expertise for making decisions for urgent/emergency situations.
- Knowledge of appropriate hemodynamic responses of the cardiopulmonary system during exercise interventions and testing.
- Experience with heart failure management.
- Ability to assess medical stability, consistent with existing guidelines, prior to beginning an exercise program in patients post CABG, PCI, Valve Repair, heart failure, MI, heart transplant and stable angina.
- Ability to assess readiness for change and medical stability prior to beginning lifestyle programs targeting the metabolic syndrome.
- Intake Process for Cardiac-rehab, Met-fit, HTN, and Lipids programs
Additionally, provide comprehensive nursing case management in multidisciplinary cardiovascular clinic with emphasis on primary and secondary prevention. Coordinate care and follow-up for patients with complex cardiac disorders. Provide instruction and consultation to members of the health care team. Work with leadership to develop criteria for quality assurance of cardiac program. Excellent clinical assessment skills.
Current license to practice nursing in Michigan is required
Current Advance Cardiac Life Support credential is required
Knowledge of the Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Professional (AACVPR) national guidelines for cardiac rehab
Minimum of two years nursing experience
Recent ambulatory experience within the last three years
Demonstrated clinical expertise in cardiology practice including:
- Diagnostic test interpretation including EKG interpretation of abnormal rhythms
- Cardiac medications
- Emergency management of cardiac patients in an outpatient setting
- Familiar with ACC (American College of Cardiology) guidelines for general cardiology patients
- Lipid and risk factor management and secondary prevention
- Evaluation of lab abnormalities;
- Ability to assess patients mental, physical and psycho-social well-being and develop a plan of care
To apply please go to the following website:
Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Education Coordinator-Beaumont Health System Troy, MI
Provides daily clinical coordination for Pulmonary Rehab inpatient, outpatient and maintenance programs. Responsible for day-to-day operational coordination of these service areas, staffing development, scheduling, deploying staff throughout the day based on patient acuity, volume, etc. Oversees regulatory compliance and reimbursement of the outpatient program that provides therapeutic procedures to outpatients with pulmonary disorders. Develops and monitors patient’s individual care plans, in conjunction with the medical director.
Works with intra-disciplinary team to provide daily clinical coordination of Pulmonary Rehab – perform daily assessment of patient care needs and maintains staffing model, make necessary adjustments based on patient acuity, volume. Uses specific age and cultural related, physical, intellectual, psychosocial and development attribute in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care activities. Coordinates staffing schedules.
Assist with policy/procedures as they relate to new service areas, as well as ongoing revision and updating of current policy/procedure.
Customer Satisfaction – actively engage staff in customer satisfaction program, posting feedback letters, as well as discussion at staff meetings as they relate to customer satisfaction improvement strategies and service recovery initiatives.
- Associates in Applied Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor degree in related field (education, exercise physiology, management)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist per National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Current State of Michigan license as Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- 1-2 years previous experience in Pulmonary Rehab Services.
- 2-3 years previous experience in educational or clinical experience
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers certification
If you are interested please fill out an application on Beaumont Health’s Career page or click on the link; https://healthcaresource.com/beaumonthealth/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.jobDetails&template=dsp_job_details.cfm&cJobId=100003522