Eligible job postings include positions for exercise specialists and physiologists, nurses, respiratory therapists, registered dietitians, and others involved in the cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation field.
If you wish to submit a job posting, please email Michele Boertman at Michele.Boertman@beaumont.org with a summary of the position.
Please include contact information (phone and email), a brief description of the position. Job postings will be updated on a bi-monthly basis. Job postings will be taken off the website after the 2-month time period has passed if not renewed by the submitter, and please notify us ASAP if the position has been filled.
REGISTERED NURSE (Cardiovascular Medicine Special Programs: CV Clinic- Dominos Farms)
Primary duty to provide complex nursing support to a large outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program. Thorough cardiopulmonary assessments, providing recommended treatment options and expertise for making decisions for urgent/emergency situations.
- Knowledge of appropriate hemodynamic responses of the cardiopulmonary system during exercise interventions and testing.
- Experience with heart failure management.
- Ability to assess medical stability, consistent with existing guidelines, prior to beginning an exercise program in patients post CABG, PCI, Valve Repair, heart failure, MI, heart transplant and stable angina.
- Ability to assess readiness for change and medical stability prior to beginning lifestyle programs targeting the metabolic syndrome.
- Intake Process for Cardiac-rehab, Met-fit, HTN, and Lipids programs
Additionally, provide comprehensive nursing case management in multidisciplinary cardiovascular clinic with emphasis on primary and secondary prevention. Coordinate care and follow-up for patients with complex cardiac disorders. Provide instruction and consultation to members of the health care team. Work with leadership to develop criteria for quality assurance of cardiac program. Excellent clinical assessment skills.
Current license to practice nursing in Michigan is required
Current Advance Cardiac Life Support credential is required
Knowledge of the Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Professional (AACVPR) national guidelines for cardiac rehab
Minimum of two years nursing experience
Recent ambulatory experience within the last three years
Demonstrated clinical expertise in cardiology practice including:
- Diagnostic test interpretation including EKG interpretation of abnormal rhythms
- Cardiac medications
- Emergency management of cardiac patients in an outpatient setting
- Familiar with ACC (American College of Cardiology) guidelines for general cardiology patients
- Lipid and risk factor management and secondary prevention
- Evaluation of lab abnormalities;
- Ability to assess patients mental, physical and psycho-social well-being and develop a plan of care
To apply please go to the following website: